Habitat ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, home goods, building materials and appliances at a fraction of the retail price. The Habitat ReStore helps Habitat for Humanity of Dane County fund the construction, rehabilitation or repair of affordable homes locally in Dane County. The proceeds benefit Dane County’s larger mission of building homes, communities and hope.
The Habitat ReStores are located on Madison’s Eastside at 4207 Monona Drive and Madison’s Westside at 5906 Odana Road.
Here are 10 items from the Habitat ReStores of Dane County that will help fix up your home.
Since 2001, sales from the Habitat ReStores have provided enough income to build 44 Habitat for Humanity homes in Dane County.
* Support Habitat for Humanity of Dane County’s home building program
* Keep valuable materials out of local area landfills
* Provide the community with a source of low cost building materials
* Provide an opportunity to volunteer at the Habitat ReStore
How the Habitat ReStores Work:
The Habitat ReStores accepts donations of new and gently used building materials such as cabinets, lighting, hardware, doors, lumber, flooring, windows, tools and appliances. Most of these donations will be sold to the public at a fraction of the retail price. There are more than 800 Habitat ReStores in the U.S and Canada.
Since the Habitat ReStore opened in 2001:
- The ReStores help makes home improvements more affordable.
- Helps Habitat build more homes. The Habitat ReStores have helped Habitat for Humanity build 44 homes in Dane County.
- Prevents usable building materials from going to a landfill. The Habitat ReStore has kept 7,207 tons of building materials out of Dane County’s landfills.
About Habitat for Humanity Dane County
For 28 years, Habitat for Humanity of Dane County has partnered with 242 hardworking, low income individuals/families to build safe and affordable housing. For more information about Habitat, go to www.habitatdane.org.
Meet some of our Habitat Families and see the people your donation helps.