“Since becoming a Habitat ReStore volunteer, I find myself more productive at work, more joyous at play, and am amazed that I am part of a group of cool people so generously dedicated to helping others.” — Peter Schofer
The Habitat ReStore could not exist without the help of volunteers. Your efforts help Habitat for Humanity of Dane County make a difference in the lives of 249 families!
Click Here to APPLY NOW!
If you prefer you can also fill out a paper application at the store. If you would like to talk to someone directly, please call Emily at 608/661-2813.
General Volunteer Opportunities
We have an ongoing need for volunteers for regular weekly shifts Tuesday through Saturday, in the following areas:
- Prepare, stock, and display donated materials
- Price materials
- Assist customers in loading purchases and unloading donations
- Work with sales crew and with pick-up staff as needed
- Greet customers and answer phones
- Respond to customer questions and provided assistance as needed
- Operate cash register
- Greet customers
- Assist customers in locating and loading materials
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to keep shelves stocked
- Collect donations throughout the community
- Quality control responsibility
- Load, secure, transport, and unload donations
- Maintain loading area
- Maintain vehicles (preventive)
- Salvage reusable materials including wood flooring, cabinets, doors, etc.
- Load and unload truck
* Please note that deconstruction volunteers are scheduled on an as-needed basis. All tools and training are provided
Group Volunteer Opportunities Click Here to Learn More!
For more information, read So You Want to be a Deconstruction Volunteer.
For more information about volunteering at the Habitat ReStore, contact Emily at 661-2813 ReStore East or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to meet some of our volunteers? CLICK HERE to check out our Volunteer Spotlight Page.
Interested in Habitat Young Professionals? Click Here