How it Works:
1. First, see our complete Habitat ReStore Materials Accepted List
2. Call 608.663-1191 for questions or to pre-approve your donation
3. Bring your donation to Habitat ReStore West, 5906 Odana Road, or Habitat ReStore East, 4207 Monona Dr., during business hours — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday.
*For large donations you can Request a Donation Pick Up online
4. Receive a receipt for tax purposes when you donate (upon request).
Items the Habitat ReStore CANNOT accept:
* No electronics or computers
* No mercury thermostats
* No storm windows and window parts or pieces
* No used shower doors
* No used window shades or blinds
* No wallpaper
* No used trim
* No fireplace inserts
* No used toilets
* No electronics
* No electric organs
* No siding
* Laminate flooring unless it is donated in its original boxes and states the flooring is not made in China.
* No clothing or household items
* No used air conditioners or dehumidifiers
* No used garage doors
* No hazardous materials or chemical
* No paint, varnish, caulk or grout
* No used carpet, used carpet pad, used vinyl or used tile
* No used hollow core slab doors
* No mirrors without frames
* No televisions or CRT monitors
* No used solid surface vanity tops
* No windows without frames
All donated materials must be in 100% working order, free of mold, water damage and to the best of your knowledge, free of lead paint.
Materials the Habitat ReStore Accepts and Sells
* Appliances — washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, cook-tops/ovens, range hoods, microwaves and dishwashers — (100% working condition, 10 years or newer; 5 years or newer for microwaves; No used furnaces)
* Cabinets – kitchen and bathroom cabinets, in set or individual pieces (less than 20 years old; no water damage or mold, no vanity tops without cabinet)
* Architectural items – mantels, columns, stained glass (no lead paint, no water damage or mold)
* Tools — hand, power, garden, tool boxes and newer table saws (must be in 100% working condition
* Wood Furniture — bed frames, dressers, tables, chairs, shelving, hutches, armoires, framed mirrors (no upholstered items, no open shelf entertainment centers)
* Flooring — wood flooring (new and used), carpeting (new only, must be 36 square feet), tile (new only), vinyl (new only, must be 36 square feet)
* Plumbing — Kitchen sinks, pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks, tubs, NEW solid surface vanity tops, granite (must be less than 6 feet long) and corian countertops, NEW toilets only (no chips, cracks or rust)
* Electrical — all electrical supplies and accessories (The Habitat ReStores do not accept electronics, computers, monitors or televisions)
* Windows — thermal pane windows ONLY (less than 10 years only, no damaged or fogged glass, no Storm windows or screens) Please call first for large windows
* Hardware — handles, hinges, screws and nails (all hardware and fasteners accepted)
* Doors — interior and exterior, storm/patio doors with frame, shower doors (new only), panel doors (no lead paint, no damaged or fogged glass, no broken door jams, no hollow core slab doors)
*Lighting and Ceiling fans — working fixtures and fans for residential use (no fluorescent fixtures or bulbs, complete and in-working condition fans only, no rust or corrosion)
* Landscaping, lawn and garden — bricks, pavers, unused fencing, birdbaths, shovels, rakes and yard equipment (100% working condition, no broken tools or dirt covered)
* New Roofing in package only — no scrap materials please!
* Lumber and trim — particleboard, plywood, paneling, new trim, molding, dimensional and framing lumber. Composite decking and treated lumber, less than 10 years old (lumber and trim must be at least 6′ in length with no nail holes or warping; sheet goods must be at least 1/2 sheet with no damage or mold)
* Miscellaneous — antiques, pre-1960 items in good condition, New Insulation only
For other items or questions call (608) 663-1191
If we can not accept your item, see our comprehensive List of Community Resources to Donate, Recycle or Dispose.
Please note: this list is subject to change — if your item is not on our list, please call and check before bringing items for donation. We reserve the right to turn away donations that contain potentially hazardous materials or materials that we will not be able to sell.