The Habitat ReStore of Dane County is a member of Wisconsin Urban Wood and dedicated to finding alternative uses for the urban forest being harvested due to death, disease or other circumstances.
Urban Wood gives a new life to local trees. The proceeds build hope for local families.
Available quantities and species vary based on the stock of trees that are currently being removed locally. Stop by ReStore West on Odana Road or ReStore East on Monona Drive to see what’s in stock.
Wisconsin Urban Wood is defined as wood from trees NOT harvested for their timber value. All WUW is kiln dried to 8% unless otherwise marked as “Not kiln dried.”
How it Works:
1. Local urban trees are saved from the chipper
2. Trees are milled into lumber then solar and kiln dried
3. Larger lumber is hand picked, planed and available for sale at both Habitat ReStores in Madison
4. Smaller lumber is milled into out tongue and groove Dane County Blend Flooring
5. A portion of sales supports Habitat for Humanity to build simple, decent affordable housing in Dane County
The “Dane County Blend” is a mixture of at least 6 local hardwood species milled into tongue and groove flooring. The Dane County Blend is unfinished 3/4″ flooring with three standard widths of 2 1/4″, 3 1/4″, and 4 1/4″. Current price is $6.25 per square foot.
This high quality hardwood flooring will add a unique touch and character to your home. You can view a large installed floor of Dane County Blend at the Wood Cycle’s Hayloft Gallery at 1239 S. Fish Hatchery Road in Oregon Wisconsin. Call or stop by to see the flooring and inquire about availability. Hours are weekdays 9 a.m.-5:30pm or weekends by appointment 608/835-8462.